Build a fully integrated financial statement projection model with income statement projections, a self-balancing balance sheet, an automated cash flow statement and the balancing cash flow sweep/debt schedule. Emphasis is placed on the integration of the major financial statements and becoming experts in Excel.
Date, Time, and Location:
Tues., Dec. 11, 2012
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
The Standard Club, 320 S. Plymouth Ct., Chicago
Register Online Today
You will learn:
- Build an integrated set of financials, including income statement, balance sheet & cash flow
- Learn how to balance a model utilizing debt sweep, no "plugs" and the danger of circular references
- Become super-efficient in Excel through intensive use of keyboard shortcuts and best practices
- 5-Year Financial Statement Projection Model:
- How do you project a company's Income Statement from revenues and expenses down to Net Income?
- What are the different methodologies to forecasting the different types of assets on the balance sheet and how do they compare and contrast with projecting liabilities?
- How do you project the shareholders' equity account?
- What is the importance of financial ratios in building the balance sheet projections?
- Integration and Balancing of Financial Model:
- Balance the model using the debt schedule and debt sweep logic - the most important analysis in terms of balancing the model!!
- How does the cash actually flow through the model?
- Incorporate automatic debt payments and use cash generated to either pay down debt or build cash
To maximize the educational value of this program, we strongly recommend that you have a basic understanding of Excel and are familiar with its functions and features.
Members - $495
Non-Members - $595
Student-Members - $125 (Limited seats available)
(payable by cash, check or credit card - NO FUNCTION TICKETS)*
CFA Institute Qualified Activity: Eligible for 7 credit hours
Attire: Business Casual
Menu: Chef's Choice (Vegetarian meal available upon request)
Register online below, or by phone: 312-251-1301
Hosted by: Education Advisory Group
8:30 am - 9:00 am: Registration
9:00 am - 5:00 pm: Seminar
Bring your PC laptop with Microsoft Excel installed and a working USB port. (Macs with Office 2008 will not be as effective).
NOTE: Laptops will not be provided.
Instructor: Hamilton Lin, CFA
President and Founder - Wall Street Training
Hamilton Lin, CFA, President and Founder of Wall St. Training, has a broad background in investment banking and mergers and acquisitions. His responsibilities have included analyzing, structuring and negotiating mergers & acquisitions. Lin custom-builds and develops all of the financial and merger models that he uses which have become corporate and departmental standards. Lin has closed over two dozen transactions and has diverse industry experience ranging from oil & gas to insurance to asset management and related sectors.
About Wall St. Training:
Wall St. Training provides professional financial training solutions to Wall Street through hands-on classroom training and customized corporate training programs for financial analysis which take a hands-on, interactive, practical, non-theoretical approach. Wall Street Training's clients include Bank of America/Merrill Lynch, Credit Suisse, Citigroup, Deutsche Bank, Fidelity, GE, Goldman Sachs, JPMorgan, Morgan Stanley, TPG, and many others. For more information:
www.wallst-training.com and www.wstselfstudy.com.
*Special Notes Regarding Fees:
Student rate only available to students approved as a Student-Member of CFA Chicago for 2011-2012. Credit card is required to guarantee ALL reservations. No day-of-event pre-registrations accepted (on-site only, if applicable and space available). There is a $5 surcharge for walk-ins. Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover and Diners Club are accepted. Cancellations accepted until 5:00pm, Dec 1.
Members of any CFA society may attend at the CFA Chicago member rate. If you are only a member of CFA Institute, you do not qualify for the society member rate.
CFA Institute CE Qualified Activity
This program qualifies for credit under the guidelines for the CFA Institute Professional Development Program.