We recommend affiliate membership for investment professionals who do not intend to participate in the CFA Program or who have not yet met the requirements for regular membership.
Please review the OFAC Compliance Policy. Residents of certain countries may be prohibited by law from becoming a CFA Institute or Society Member.
• Complimentary Function Tickets*
• Access to Job Posting Board and other members-only sections of our website
• Discounted member rates and access to members-only events
• Opportunity to serve as a volunteer on any Advisory Group
• CFA Scholarships for eligible candidates
• Mentor Program
CFA Society Chicago: $175
CFA Institute: $275
Society and Institute dues are paid through CFA Institute. Dues are collected on an annual basis from July 1 – June 30. Dues are not pro-rated.
3 Professional References:
Only two professional references are required if you have a reference from a CFA Society Chicago member**
Adhere to the Code of Ethics and Standards of Professional Conduct
Sign and submit the Member's Agreement and the Professional Conduct Statement
Complete any additional application procedures or requirements established by CFA Institute
* Regular, Affiliate, and Candidate Members who pay full membership dues receive two (2) function tickets that can be used towards almost any CFA Society Chicago event. Retired members receive one (1) function ticket. Student Members do not receive any function tickets.
** Your references can be from anyone of your choosing. Supervisor references are preferred but not required. Students only need one (1) sponsor — a Professor OR a CFA charterholder. Note: In order to waive the supervisor sponsor requirement, you must e-mail CFA Institute at firstname.lastname@example.org explaining why you are not submitting a supervisor sponsor. For a detailed description and definition of these requirements, please visit the CFA Institute website.