Distinguished Speakers Series: Diane Swonk, Chief Economist, Mesirow Financial (Ended)
A Piecemeal Recovery
Diane Swonk, Chief Economist at Mesirow Financial, is one of the most respected economists in the world and among the most quoted in the financial press. In addition, as advisor to the Federal Reserve Board and regional Reserve Banks, she is a Fed insider who can offer valuable insights on FOMC decisions, as well as economic trends.
$55 $45 or FREE with function ticket
Non-Members - $55
Reserved VIP table - $360 (8 guests, company name on table, contact office directly)
(member pricing underwritten by CFA Chicago)
CFA Institute Qualified Activity: Eligible for 1 credit hour
Attire: Business Casual
Menu: Chef's Choice (vegetarian meal available upon request)
Registration: Register Online
11:30 am - 12:00 pm - Registration & Networking
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm - Luncheon Presentation
Hosted by: Distinguished Speaker Series Advisory Group
Diane Swonk, Chief Economist, Mesirow Financial
Areas of Focus: Global Economics and Policies
- Named one of the top forecasters in the country by The Wall Street Journal
- Designated as one of the most influential women in business in Chicago by the Chicago Sun-Times
- Rated as one of the most accurate economic forecasters in 2010 by MSNBC
- One of the most respected economists in the world and among the most quoted economists in the financial press
- Advisor to Federal Reserve Board and regional Reserve Banks
- Recently completed second term of service on the Congressional Budget Office's panel of economic advisers
- More than 20 years of experience in financial services
- Previously served as director of economics/chief economist and senior vice president for Bank One corporation and its predecessors
- Designated Business Leader of the Year by the YWCA of Metropolitan Chicago
- Named a Fellow of the National Association of Business Economics (NABE) for her outstanding contributions to the field of business economics
- Twitter: @DianeSwonk
*Special Notes Regarding Fees:
Regular, Candidate, and Affiliate Members may apply function tickets as payment for Non-member or Student-Member. Credit card required to guarantee ALL reservations except for reservations using Function Tickets. Day-of-event registrations accepted on-site only if applicable and space available. There is a $5 surcharge for walk-ins. Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover and Diners Club are accepted. Cancellations accepted until 5:00 pm, March 21.
Members of any CFA society may attend at the CFA Chicago member rate. If you are only a member of CFA Institute, you do not qualify for the society member rate.
CFA Institute CE Qualified Activity
This program qualifies for credit under the guidelines for the CFA Institute Professional Development Program.
Content shared during CFA Society Chicago programs is not, and nothing in it should be construed as, an offer, invitation or recommendation of any specific financial services company or professional, or an offer, invitation or recommendation to sell, or a solicitation of an offer to buy, any securities in any jurisdiction. By registering for and attending this event, you acknowledge that any photographs that may be taken are the property of CFA Society Chicago and give your consent to their use in CFA Society Chicago's online and print business communications and marketing.