On April 12, 2022, Will Cong, Founding Director of Fintech Initiative at Cornell University, moderated a panel to discuss “The Latest and Greatest of Blockchain.” The panelists included: Bobby Henebry, CFA, Founder and CEO, Henebry Blockchain & Cyrptocurrency Consulting, LLC; Ben McMillan, Founder and Chief Investment Officer, IDX Insights LLC and IDX Digital Assets, LLC; and Jordan Prince, Software Engineer, Solana Labs.
Below are some of the topics and discussion points covered during the event. The entire recording of this event will be available on CFA Society Chicago’s YouTube channel at the end of May 2022.
- Most Non Fungible Tokens (NFTs) will prove to be worthless
- NFTs that give the holder rights in a virtual community, or provide other utility, may offer some value
- Are Stable Coins stable? Do they have to be perfectly stable to perform their function?
- Views on governments’ incentives to adopt a digital currency
- Institutional adoption of Blockchain (beyond digital currencies)
- What do the panelists consider the “Dark Side of Crypto?”
- Crypto as a means of capital formation