CFA Society Chicago
Mentorship Program Overview
Mentor Profile Collection: July 20 – September 8, 2017
Mentee Application Open: August 1 – September 8, 2017
Only CFA charterholders that are current with their CFA Society Chicago dues will be considered for program selection.
Mentee Application Selection: September 11 – September 22, 2017
The Mentorship Program Subcommittee will select mentees through a blind application review process. Selection notification emails will be sent out on September 22, 2017.
Mentor-Mentee Matching: September 25 – September 29, 2017
Mentor-Mentee matches will be made by the Mentorship Program subcommittee and will consider similarities in professional backgrounds/interests, stated goals for the program and meeting location/timing preferences or restrictions.
Program Orientation (Mentor-Mentee Matches Announced): October 2, 2017
CFA Society Chicago will host a networking event that will include a program overview presentation and announcement of Mentor-Mentee pairs and opportunity for pairs to meet and begin planning for the program.
Program Duration: 6 months from Orientation Meeting (October through May)
- 1 Mentee-Mentor Mixer
- 6 meetings (target 1 meeting per month)
- 1 Non-Mentorship Program CFA Society Chicago event together (attendance optional)
Suggested Meeting Topics
- Program Orientation and Mentee-Mentor Mixer – CFA Society Chicago staff facilitated event
- Meeting #1 – Continued Introductions & Discussion of Goals for Program
- Meeting #2 – Professional Growth
- Meeting #3 – Work/ life balance
- Meeting #4 – Leadership/Team Work
- Meeting #5 – Upcoming Professional Challenges
- Meeting #6 – Program Conclusion & Tips for the Future (CFA Society Staff facilitated event)
Participants (subject to change based on response rates):
- Mentors: 20-25 (Experienced CFA Society Chicago Members)
- Mentees: 20-25 (Selected through application process)