CFA Society Chicago
Mentorship Program Overview
Mentor Profile Collection: August 3 – September 14, 2018
Mentee Application Open: Application Submission Closed
Only CFA charterholders that are current with their CFA Society Chicago dues will be considered for program selection.
Mentee Application Selection: September 17 – September 24, 2018
The Mentorship Program Subcommittee will select mentees through a blind application review process. Selection notification emails will be sent out on September 25, 2018.
Mentor-Mentee Matching: September 25 – October 1, 2018
Mentor-Mentee matches will be made by the Mentorship Program subcommittee and will consider similarities in professional backgrounds/interests, stated goals for the program, pairing preferences submitted to the subcommittee following mentee and mentor reviews of program participant bios and meeting location/timing preferences or restrictions.
Program Orientation (Mentor-Mentee Matches Announced): October 2, 2018
CFA Society Chicago will host a networking event that will include a program overview presentation and announcement of Mentor-Mentee pairs and opportunity for pairs to meet and begin planning for the program. Sue Stanek from Menttium Corporation will lead the group in an interactive presentation and discussion on building a strong and beneficial Mentoring Relationship via her Strong Start webinar.
Program Duration: 8 months from Orientation Meeting (October through June)
- 1 Mentee-Mentor Mixer
- 6 meetings (target 1 meeting per month)
- 1 Non-Mentorship Program CFA Society Chicago event together (attendance optional)
Suggested Meeting Topics
- Program Orientation and Mentee-Mentor Mixer – CFA Society Chicago staff facilitated event
- Meeting #1 – Continued Introductions & Discussion of Goals for Program
- Meeting #2 – Professional Growth
- Meeting #3 – Work/ Life Balance
- Meeting #4 – Leadership/Team Work
- Meeting #5 – Upcoming Professional Challenges
- Meeting #6 – Program Conclusion & Tips for the Future (CFA Society Staff facilitated event)
Participants (subject to change based on response rates):
- Mentors: 20-25 (Experienced CFA Society Chicago Members)
- Mentees: 20-25 (Selected through application process)
Opportunity to share your expertise and to collaborate with younger colleagues
Gain a valuable resource for critical feedback, career insight and networking