CFA Society Chicago
Mentorship Program Overview
Mentor Profile Collection: September 2 – September 14, 2020
Mentee Application Open: September 3 – September 14, 2020
Only CFA charterholders that are current with their CFA Society Chicago dues will be considered for program selection.
Mentee Application Selection: September 14 – September 25, 2020
The Mentorship Program Subcommittee will select mentees through a blind application review process. Selection notification emails will be sent out on September 28, 2020.
Mentor-Mentee Matching: September 25 – September 30, 2020
Mentor-Mentee matches will be made by the Mentorship Program subcommittee and will consider similarities in professional backgrounds/interests, stated goals for the program, pairing preferences submitted to the subcommittee following mentee and mentor reviews of program participant bios and meeting location/timing preferences or restrictions.
Program Orientation (Mentor-Mentee Matches Announced): October 14, 2020
CFA Society Chicago will host a networking event that will include a program overview presentation and announcement of Mentor-Mentee pairs and opportunity for pairs to meet and begin planning for the program.
Program Duration: 8 months from Orientation Meeting (October through June)
Meeting Schedule: 1 Mentee-Mentor Mixer + 5 meetings (target 1 meeting per month) + optional attendance at one non-Mentorship Program CFA event together
Suggested Meeting Topics
- Program Orientation – CFA Society Chicago staff facilitated event
- Meeting #1 – Continued Introductions & Discussion of Goals for Program
- Meeting #2 – Professional Growth
- Meeting #3 – Work/ Life Balance
- Meeting #4 – Leadership/Team Work
- Meeting #5 – Upcoming Professional Challenges
- Meeting #6 – Program Conclusion & Tips for the Future (CFA Society Staff facilitated event)
Participants (subject to change based on response rates):
- Mentors: 20-25 (Experienced CFA Society Chicago Members)
- Mentees: 20-25 (Selected through application process)
Opportunity to share your expertise and to collaborate with more junior colleagues.
Gain a valuable resource for critical feedback, career insight and networking.
You may only apply for one, mentor or mentee. Please note the application process is now closed.