We recommend Regular Membership for anyone who has earned their CFA designation and is in good standing with CFA Institute. Membership provides the knowledge, recognition, and industry network that investment professionals need to advance their careers. Every member service – from extensive programs to on-line job postings to CFA Institute publications – is designed to meet the specific needs of investment professionals. You must be a member of CFA Institute in order to join CFA Society Chicago as a Regular Member.
Please review the OFAC Compliance Policy. Residents of certain countries may be prohibited by law from becoming a CFA Institute or Society Member.
If you are no longer engaged in active practice on a salary or fee basis and would like to apply for Retired Membership ($70), please fill out the Retired Status Application and submit to CFA Institute.
• Complimentary Function Tickets*
• Access to Job Posting Board and other members-only sections of our website
• Discounted member rates and access to members-only events
• Opportunity to serve as a volunteer on any Advisory Group
• Voting privileges at the Annual Business Meeting**
• CFA Scholarships for eligible candidates
• Mentor Program
CFA Society Chicago: $175
CFA Institute: $275
Society and Institute dues are paid through CFA Institute. Dues are collected on an annual basis from July 1 – June 30. Dues are not pro-rated.
REGULAR MEMBERSHIP REQUIREMENTS:
A bachelor’s degree or equivalent education/work experience
A passing score on all three levels of the CFA Exam
48 months of professional work experience as defined by CFA Institute
3 Professional References:
Only two professional references are required if you have a reference from a CFA Society Chicago member***
Have met the requirements to be awarded and to maintain the use of the CFA Charter and adhere to any new standards that may be required
Adhere to the Code of Ethics and Standards of Professional Conduct
Sign and submit the Member’s Agreement and the Professional Conduct Statement
* Regular, Affiliate, and Candidate Members who pay full membership dues receive two (2) function tickets that can be used towards almost any CFA Society Chicago event. Retired members receive one (1) function ticket. Student Members do not receive any function tickets.
** Voting privileges do NOT apply to Affiliate, Retired, Candidate, and Student Members.
*** Your references can be from anyone of your choosing. Supervisor references are preferred but not required. Students only need one (1) sponsor — a Professor OR a CFA charterholder. Note: In order to waive the supervisor sponsor requirement, you must e-mail CFA Institute at firstname.lastname@example.org explaining why you are not submitting a supervisor sponsor. For a detailed description and definition of these requirements, please visit the CFA Institute website.