Qualified students can enjoy most of the benefits and privileges of a Regular CFA Society Chicago Membership at a greatly reduced rate. Join CFA Society Chicago now as a Student Member, and jumpstart your career by building the practical skills, contacts and knowledge that will make you the candidate companies want to hire.
Discounted rate for most CFA Society Chicago luncheons and education events
Resources for students
Discounted Kaplan Schweser Study Packages and Instruction for CFA Exam
Opportunity to serve as a volunteer on any Advisory Group
Networking Opportunities with leading industry professionals
Student CFA Society Chicago membership dues are complimentary.
Membership with CFA Institute not required
Online Application Checklist
To be accepted for membership a student applicant should:
- Complete and submit the online student membership application.
- + Meet one of the following criteria:
- – Be an undergraduate student enrolled full-time in a university or college, pursuing a bachelor’s degree.
- – Be a graduate student pursuing a master’s degree.
- – Be a PHD student.
- + Submit a typewritten original 200–500-word essay on the importance of ethics in the conduct of business in the global economy.
- + Enclose a copy of the applicant’s current class schedule or unofficial transcript.
- + Obtain the signature of a professor of finance, business, or economics at the college/university at which the student is enrolled. + The signature can be placed on either the transcript or the essay document.
- + Agree to be bound by CFA Society Chicago’s code of ethics.
To Maintain Membership
To maintain a student membership, renewing student members must submit a Student Membership Renewal Application affirming their student status along with a copy of a current unofficial transcript or class schedule.
Student membership applications are processed weekly by CFA Society Chicago Staff. Incomplete applications will not be processed. However, applicants will be given 30 days from the date of notice to correct any deficiency in their application. Student applicants are encouraged to call 312.251.1301 for assistance with the above requirements or to check the status of their application.
*Regular, Affiliate, and Candidate members who pay full membership dues receive two (2) function tickets that can be used towards almost any CFA Society Chicago event. Retired members receive one (1) function ticket. Student members do not receive any function tickets.